Introducing Solids Course
Is your little one ready to start solids?
The prospect of feeding your tiny human solids for the first time can be so exciting. What will their favourite food be? I can't wait to watch their adorable reactions to the different tastes and textures!
But equally, this milestone can also be confronting and full of uncertainty. Where do I start? What method of feeding should I use? How do I ensure my baby is safe? What about gagging and choking? How can I make sure my little one is nourished?
When beginning the journey of starting solids, you’ll quickly learn there is lots to think about, and LOTS of conflicting advice on what is the best ways to introduce your little one to foods, when to start and with what. It can be overwhelming and confusing.
Tiny Hearts is here to change that.
This course will hold your hand through the solids journey. Our educators will provide evidence-based information to help you make informed decisions about feeding your little one their first foods.
Take away the fear around first foods and focus on creating special memories with your little love during this milestone.
Cut through the noise and uncertainty around starting solids. Instead, learn from the best educators in the dietician and safety space to set you and your baby up for solids success.
Who are my educators?
We've assembled two powerhouse expert educators to provide clear, helpful information so you can confidently introduce solids to your little one.
Amy Roylance is a paediatric dietician who has been working to help families feed their babies and children for almost 15 years. Amy will be offering insight into how to approach introducing solids with your baby and ensuring their foods are nutritionally rounded out for the best development of your little human.
As a former advanced life support paramedic and Mum to two, Nikki Jurcutz will educate you on how to prevent choking through creating a safe eating environment, information on ways to make food safe and how to approach introducing allergens.
What topics are covered?
This course provides a non-biased and evidence-based deep dive into the feeding options available so you can make the best decision for yourself and your baby. The course includes the following topics:
- When to start
- Readiness signs
- What do I need before starting
- How to set up a safe eating environment
Methods of introducing solids
- Figuring out the best option for you and baby
- Spoon feeding
- Baby Led Weaning
- Combination feeding
Feeding your baby solids
- Where to start, with what and how much
- Signs baby is full
- Foods to avoid giving baby
- What should baby be drinking?
- When to introduce water?
- How much food should they eat?
- Preventing and dealing with constipation
- How to increase the amount baby eats
- Tips to avoiding picky eating
- How baby protects themselves from choking
- Choking prevention
- High risk choking foods
- How to modify foods to make them safe
- Safely preparing food to avoid sickness
- What is gagging - what it is and what it looks like
- What is choking, the types and signs and symptoms
*Please note choking treatment is not covered in this course, you will find this in our first aid course
- The importance of introducing allergens to baby
- The top 10 allergenic foods
- How to introduce allergenic foods safely
- How to record and track introduction of allergens
- Types of allergies; mild to severe
- Signs and symptoms
* Please note allergy treatment is not covered in this course, you will find this in our first aid course
Nikki’s solids tips
- Nikki shares what she wish she knew before starting solids
How long will I have access for?
Once purchased, you will be able to access the course straight away. We provide you with lifetime access to use with any future little ones or to refresh your memory!
What do I need to complete the course?
• A device such as a tablet, phone or TV connected to the internet
• A good internet connection
This course involves video content, and you will need to be able to play the audio through your device. For accessibility, closed captions are available on all video content within this course.
It may take a few minutes for your access to come through after your purchase. If it is not in your inbox after several minutes, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
This product is ineligible for discount codes and promotions.